As a Bilingual Dispatcher you love real life puzzles. You plan to ensure that our freight trains reach their final destination in an efficient manner.
This is what you will do:
- There are 6 resources to drive a train and you will need to have them available at the same time at the same location and compatible with each other to be able to drive the train.
- This information is brought to you in different systems and via telephone and email. You prioritize your work and are responsible for the proper arrival of the trains.
- You manage all of this from our Control Center in Brussels. You work in a 3x8 shift system because our trains run at any time of the day and night.
You are a teamplayer? Good!
- You work together with different colleagues, each with their own expertise.
- The aim of the team is to have all trains running as planned and, if necessary, make adjustments to ensure that all trains reach their final destination in an efficient manner.
- In order to make it work as a Dispatcher, Lineas will provide a full railway and an on-the-job training. You will also be taught a certain expertise role and you can develop this role with experience.
- When you become an EXPERT, you can choose to learn a different expertise role.
We are looking for:
- Someone who is fluent in Dutch and French. Knowledge of English or German can be an advantage.
- A solution-oriented thinker. Thanks to your hands-on mentality you are able to structure the chaos, and come forward with efficient solutions in a 24/7 environment.
- Team spirit is crucial. You are able to collaborate with different colleagues with different expertise so the best solution for our customer and Lineas is provided.
- As Dispatcher you will receive an attractive pay with fine fringe benefits.
- You will be joining a young and dynamic company with constant changes.
- You will be part of a diverse team and entertaining colleagues.
- You have various tasks and are able to expand your knowledge.
- Published 23 December 2019
- City Schaarbeek
- Region Brussels
- Sector Logistics & Distribution
- Education Third Cycle General Secondary Education, Professional Bachelor
- Function Type Clerk
- Experience Limited experience
- Language skills Dutch, Flemish, French
- Company Lineas
- Function Recruitment Officer
- Person Astrid Cornelis